Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's been a while...

     It has been a while since I posted anything, so I decided I should try while Evan is content at the moment.  To fill you all in on the goings on lately, I will start with the beginning of May.  Evan had his very first sleepover (on purpose) with my mom and dad so Aaron and I could get a good nights sleep.  It was weird.  I missed Evan, but knew that I needed the sleep.  I had my very first Mother's Day.  It was nice.  Aaron and I stayed at home for dinner, it is just easier for me to cook because of my special diet.  We watched some movies and I think I even went to bed early. :) 
     I am still doing well with my diet, fluid restriction and remembering to take my medications.  My blood pressure is where it should be, and I am maintaining my weight.  I really have been doing well, but the other day something happened. All of a sudden I didn't feel right.  I got a little light headed and dizzy, so I took my nighttime medication since it was time, and I checked my blood pressure.  It was elevated and so was my pulse. I sat down and tried to focus my breathing hoping it would help.  I was scared. I thought I was having a relapse.  I called the cardiologist who was on-call and he said it wouldn't be a bad idea to go to the ER and get checked out.  It is amazing how fast you get seen in the ER when you have a heart condition.  We waited 2 minutes at the most and the waiting room was PACKED.  After tests and chest x-rays, and blood-work, and seeing a few doctors, I was released.  It was deduced that I was having a bit of an anxiety attack.  They gave me some Ativan and sent me home.  I don't know if it worked that night, because by the time we got home, it was 3 am, so I slept like a baby regardless of what they gave me.  Plus, my mom and dad too Evan home with them for the night so he didn't have to stay in the hospital with us. I was given a small Rx for Ativan, but I can only take it at bedtime since it makes me sleepy.  I have an appointment with my regular Doctor tomorrow afternoon to follow up.  I am hoping she gives me something that I can take for this anxiety that won't hinder my ability to function and be a mom.  We'll see how it goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment