Friday, May 6, 2011

The Next Chapter

   My prayers were answered that Tuesday morning, and I was so wrong about what I was actually capable of doing. Aaron went back to work a few weeks ago and it is finally starting to feel like we are a real family.   I am a fully functioning member of society.  I can take care of Evan better than anyone else in the world can.  I am eating healthier because of my heart condition and am monitoring myself well.  It has been 1 month since our nightmare ended and I was released from the hospital. It's been an interesting ride to say the least.  I have an appointment to see the cardiologist in a few weeks to see how I am doing.  I hope he decides to do some tests to see how well my heart is now.  It will be nice to see if my hard work has paid off. :) 

     Evan is doing great. He is growing like a weed and changing every single day.  I have decided to take a picture of him every day until he is a year old.  I wanted to take pictures so I don't miss out on anything. We went to the orthopedic surgeon @ U of M the other day and she says that Evan is just fine.  As of right now he does NOT need surgery on his legs.  We couldn't be happier.  She doesn't deal with  the cosmetic part of ABS, so she is referring us to a hand surgeon that she works with to check out his hand.   Now we are just waiting for their phone call.



One day old


Two weeks old


Almost 6 weeks old

  

3 comments:

  1. amy he is such a handsome little man, and you are a great mom. keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i would have conciously done the picture a day thing! i probably got close, but if i would have set my mind to it, i would havea picture of everything she wore her first year... but no regrets! =)

    ReplyDelete