Friday, May 6, 2011

Going Home

     All I wanted was to go home.  I missed my baby and I missed my husband.  I wanted get home so I could finish unpacking and organizing our new place. I wanted to start being a real family in our new home.  I was tired of being hooked up to IVs.   One of the medications that I was on was a diuretic that was used to help get rid of the extra fluid in my body.  It drained 20+ pounds from my body in a very short amount of time.  I literally felt drained.  My muscles were weak, my bones hurt, and my skin felt floppy.  My arms were sore from all of the blood draws and IV lines.  I wanted so desperately to take a shower and scrub off all the yuck from the adhesive stickies they used to monitor me.  I just wanted to put on some of my own clean jammies. 

     After several days of terrible news, I received the best news ever on Tuesday.  My cardiologist came to see me in the morning and told me that if my blood tests came back the way he wanted them too, I would get to go home.  Finally after what seemed like an eternity, my nurse came in and said it was time to pack up.  It took a little while to get discharged.  They had to give me all kinds of information for me to read about heart health that I had to take home.  They gave me orders to monitor my weight, blood pressure, and diet on a daily basis.  I also was given all kinds of prescriptions that I had to take.  By early afternoon, I was being wheeled towards the EXIT.  I was finally going home.  I was a little nervous.  It was a bit surreal.  I had wanted to go home so bad but now that I was in the car on my way to see my family, I was unsure if I was ready.  I was scared that I wouldn't be able to take care of Evan well enough.  I was afraid that I wasn't strong enough. 


     When I got home, I was greeted with flashes of light.  My family was there to welcome me home.  It was a such a warm reception.  Many surprises awaited me.  Sometime while I was in the hospital, my brother in-law and some friends of ours took it upon themselves to help unpack our apartment and move in new furniture for us.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  I also was surprised to see a brand new bed and box spring courtesy of my God parents and Aunt and Uncle.  I was beyond grateful.  I never really knew how much I meant to people.  It was nice to finally be home.  I was so glad that my family was there to share in my homecoming. I am so thankful for them and all of our friends who were there for Aaron and Evan while I was away.  Thank you, you know who you are.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment