Thursday, June 23, 2011

Feeling pretty good...

     So I was feeling pretty crappy for the last month or so.  My nerves were a  bit on the high side and it made me feel anxious.  After going to the doctor last week I discovered that I really do have anxiety.  So I have been taking medication for it and after just one week of it, I feel amazing.  I haven't felt this good since before I gave birth to Evan.  I am not all about taking medication, but man does this stuff really work.  I don't feel scared or nervous anymore.  I feel more alert and aware of what is going on.  I really think that I am just functioning better in general.  It makes me happy that I am feeling well enough to be the great mom that I always knew I would be.  I wake up in the middle of the night to feed Evan and I am actually able to stay awake to feed him and interact with him while he is eating.  I wake up in the morning with a smile and look forward to the day that is awaiting Evan and I.  I have a whole new outlook on my future and the future of my family.  I have a renewed sense of self and my place in this world.  I realize now that my anxiety was being masked and that I have had it for a while but I was on such a "baby high" for the first couple of months that it just finally started showing itself.  I am glad that I have such a great support system, my family is the best.  I couldn't have gotten through these past 3 months without them.  I am so excited for what is in store for my family and I can't wait for all of the memories we are going to make. :) 

     On a totally different note...My baby sister is getting MARRIED tomorrow!  I couldn't be happier for her.  We have been waiting for this day for her for a long time.  Now that it is finally upon us, it is a bit surreal. :) I wish Andrea and Joe all the best.  May you have many wonder-filled years together! :) I love you both! :)

1 comment:

  1. SO glad to read this!! You were a totally different person on Friday...in a GOOD way!! Also, I too love the Jeremiah verse...one of my all time favorites ;-)
    On another note...thanks SO much...you know what for and I am SO grateful for the time you took to do it :-) <3 you SO much!!

    ReplyDelete